Dienstag, Juli 12, 2011

That won't work for a while now...

I don't know, if you knew it, but from time to time when I'm in an okay but bored mood I browse the internet for gay-offensive groups, persons, statements. As someone who has never been so much as joked about for being gay, it gives me a reality check and prepares me for things that'll hopefully never come. Accidentally I came across something like that today and realized that I might not be in an okay mood after all. I already feel sorry for whoever will stereotype homosexual around me the next few days. It seems to be sore spot at the moment. As if that part of me had been challenged, as if things being like they are were an equality issue. When I know they aren't. Still. I have close the thread, breathed deeply and made a mental note to really think about this once the essay is handed in. Seems like my feet have momentarily lost ground.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen