Sonntag, Juli 17, 2011

Be my Ithaca

If you knew your life held on to something without your pursuing it all the time, you could live. I'm taking this chance. And if it takes twenty years to come back home, it will still be home. Be my Ithaca. I will set my sail, I will love with abandon, your name will be my flag wherever I go. Through war and storms, against demons and madness my steps are always directed to you. I let go of the worries and the fears and of hope too - for whether you are Ithaca or the sea, I would still be on this ship.
Be my Ithaca or at least promise it exists. That's all I ask.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Ist Ithaca gleich dieses Schiff in Dune? Oder die Insel Ithaca?

    Apart from that I'm like hyper impressed, this text makes me feel all touchy-feely all of a sudden...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Schiff? Dune? - Du merkst, ich bin mit Dune nicht halb so vertraut wie du und denke deswegen mehr an die Heimat des Odysseus.

    Touchy-feely geht hier grad auch ganz gut, dauert aber alles. Und Zeit ist ja bekanntermaßen das, was wir nicht haben ;).

    Ich hoff, in Japan läuft alles so weit. [Club Mate kann man sich auch liefern lassen. Wenn die nach pittsburgh senden, dann bestimmt auch nach Japan, mh?]

    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen