Sonntag, September 23, 2012

I concluded that if there was a way

it would include this station either way. No matter if we decided to go there now or in 4 years' time.

I found the love of my life. With a less-than-elegant timing. And ill-equipped. But we tried nevertheless. Tried and tried. For bright mornings and worried nights for a whole new notion of distance and seemingly unlimited intoxication. And now we're here. Giving in finally.
I found the love of my life. Yesterday, I told her our relationship was over. I don't love her one bit less than I did at the very beginning. I am inclined to say I love her even more. And still.
There's no safety net. No masterplan. No we'll-get-back-together-once-we've-sorted-this-out. I broke up with the love of my life. So we could get out alive. Nothing more. Nothing less.
No future promises. No this-will-save-us-attitude. I found the love of my life. And then I broke up with her. It might be the stupidest thing I've ever done. Or it might have been the only reasonable option I had. But what is reason?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen