Mittwoch, Juni 08, 2011

Just focus on breathing...

The force that has been sending its harbingers for quite a while now has finally hit me. Most people have left Bangor and the time to go home is approaching fast. Today I left my heart in a train, while I travelled on to Cardiff. Now I'm startled by voices that aren't there, checking my mobile for messages that don't come and holding back tears I cannot cry. It is a messy goodbye. In more than one way. For today it might be first and foremost that woman I left in the train, but it's more than that. When I walked Cardiff's streets and saw a Finnish street entertainer, heard a street musician sing Adele's "Someone like you", popped into Urban Outfitters, I missed them all, it all, every shared experience, everyone. A lot has happened in these past 5 months. It is a messy goodbye. One that leaves you breathless and dumbstruck and grateful. Because under all the pain you can still feel the beauty of it, the sheer luck of having been part of it.

I'm trying to make this goodbye less messy by taking it outside. Another trip, more distraction and hopefully another escape from insanity: UK Trains.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen