Freitag, Dezember 09, 2011

Keeping a secret

Lately I've noticed that I am keeping quite a lot of secrets. Nothing too serious, but still. I find myself abandoning people I've known for a long time and turning to anonymous audiences because they cannot judge me the same way. It is a fucked up way of thinking, but it is increasing my text output a lot. So I won't complain.

No secret is that I was in Austria last week and waited for snow while barely making it out of the house, too caught up in repeating over and over again that 4 weeks had been too long. It seems a tad bit ironic now, as we haven't a reunion date before our Finland trip in February... We'll see how that goes.
I managed to deliver the christmas calendar for Vera without anything breaking and even the house of gingerbread that Vera build for me survived the train ride home. All superstitions still in place ;).

While I've been away from everything that is urgent and bothersome, a parcel arrived from Japan and one part of it's contents is right now in the left pocket of my jeans and gives a little jingle with every step I take. It is like having christmas a little early, which reminds me that I still need to stack up on the presents, now that everbody else is flooding the malls as well - nothing like a relaxed christmas shopping spree!

For now I'm home baking Weihnachtsstollen and trying to get all the christmassy feelings I need for surviving the last week of lectures. Apart from that I have brought home a huge load of Finnish vocab that needs to get into my head, because I have trouble following in the Finnish courses and I'm quite convinced it's mainly a vocabulary problem - because every language problem is a vocabulary problem, isn't it?

I just wanted to leave you a quick note, so you know what I've been up to and I will post again soon to annoy you all with sappy "spread the love" messages ^^.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen