Sonntag, Dezember 01, 2013

I'd like to confess

back then he thought life was a box to be opened
like a bell he could ring and there was somebody home.
All vows and promises were meant to be broken,
and if he almost died it was his song to sing.

what's left is the certainty that one can't be certain
there will always be surprises until one time there won't
all his lines and his scenes are concealed by a curtain
a rebel without applause going for the encore

And the sound of his name was moonshine on my way,
the glint in his eyes was the cue for my lines,
And I'd like to confess that I loved him best
and that would be true

He danced with an anguish that was close to my heart,
burning circles into fields of barley and rye,
he snapped retro pictures of life dealing the cards
and made up the rules when he didn't know why

And the back of his hand was the map of my land,
the colours he wore they all covered my floors
And I'd like to confess that I loved him best
and that would be true

He played it close to the chest with a cheshire grin
willing himself to advance on bare feet and no fuel
playing his bluff so well he almost thought he could win
And oh, how I wanted to believe him 

but I've seen it in his eyes and sadly it's true:
he holds no queen of hearts, just an ace of spades
and the throes of December are just echoing June,
I wanted to kiss him in public places

And the fall of his feet was command to my fleet,
the clothes that he shed marked the way to my bed
And I'd like to confess that I loved him best
and that would be true...
if it wasn't for you



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen